11 May 2012 1 Comment
09 May 2012 Leave a Comment
Dear Lord, thank you for honoring me with such a gift, such a treasure – my son Ivan. He is a healthy and happy boy. I couldn’t ask for more. I am so blessed!
The 6-mont-old update
Weight: 8400 kg
Length: 71 cm
It’s become much easier in terms of Ivan’s sleep. During the day he usually naps 2-3 times. First-of-all, it’s much easier to see the signs of his fatigue. As soon as he rubs his eyes, I have 15 minutes to change his diaper, nurse him (if he needs to) and put him down. Second of all, Ivan is now totally capable of falling asleep on his own. I just put him down in his crib. Sometimes he spends some time rolling around and playing with his toys and then he eventually falls asleep. Sometimes he would start crying, then I go to his room to reassure him and myself that everything is OK. But I try to keep my visits brief and boring so that eventually he falls asleep on his own.
Now he is sleeping less on his tommy, but more often on the back or on the side with the legs up on the bumper pad.
As for the night sleep, although I tried to shift his bedtime to at least 9PM, it didn’t work out. So, I guess, he is just an early bird. He goes to bed at 7-7:30 PM and sleeps untill 7 Am. During these 12 hours he usually wakes up twice: at 11PM-midnight and at 4-5 AM.
I Introduced Ivan to solids at exactly 5 month. So far he has tried rice, barley and oat cereal, sweet potatoes, zucchini and squash. So he has cereal for breakfast and dinner, and vegetable puree for lunch. And the rest of the time he has breast milk as snacks.
Development and other news:
1. The first 2 bottom teeth are out!
2. Ivan started crawling. And he is super fast! He is crawling on his tommy so far, using both his arms and legs. Then he stands on his all fours, rocks his body back and forth, but then falls back on his tommy.
He loves exploring! He’s been to almost every corner of his room and the living room (these are the only two rooms he is allowed for now). He is not very interested at his toys any more. Since he learnt crawling, he is more interested in everything else other than toys: like trying to open a closed door, pulling on a bookshelf, playing with the laptop charger, moving the chairs around.
3. Changing the baby became an endless process. It takes 10 times longer now. He just can’t stop moving, rolling and crawling on the changing table.
4. Ivan can’t sit up right without help yet. But being on the floor, he’s trying to lift himself, turn and sit up. But no luck yet. He looses control and falls backwards.
5. Walks. Ivan loves going for a stroller ride. But he wants to sit up right (Yes, in the stroller he can, but not on the floor). He wants to see everything! No way he would lie down and relax! Once he even fell asleep and his head fell forward on the tray. It was hilarious.
6. We continue taking an infant stimulation class (a different age group now 6-12 month) and two swimming classes.
8. My mom came to visit!!!
- Ivan is 5 month old! (happymotherdiary.wordpress.com)
- Ivan is 4 months old! (happymotherdiary.wordpress.com)
- Ivan is 3 months old! (happymotherdiary.wordpress.com)
05 May 2012 2 Comments
May 1st 2012.
This day became special to us in three ways:
1. It was our 1st wedding anniversary
2. We got Ivan baptised. The same day we got married one year ago. Same church. Same priest.
3. I got my Canadian work permit!!! Not a permanent residenship yet:( But it’s already something!
So here is a little photo report of the day:
My two beautiful men ready to leave for the Christening
Since it was Tuesday, there was nobody else at the church! It was all about IVAN!!!
Ivan and his grandmother and great granfather
This and the following pictures are my favorite!
Here Ivan is still not realizing what’s about to happen.:)
“Wait a second…is that water? Well, where is my bathing suit?”
“Somebody, please, give me a towel…”
“Oh, that’s better!!!”
“You’ve a got a nice cross! So big and shiny!”
“Give me the candles!”
Starting a tradition: every anniversary taking a picture holding a picture from a previous anniversary.
We were planning on going to a restaurant I had wanted to try for a long time. Unfortunately, it was quite far from our place. And I’ve been very paranoiac about leaving Ivan with somebody for a long time, so we changed the plan and went to a cute little restaurant next to our place.
05 May 2012 3 Comments
½ cup white sugar
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp water
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup chopped walnuts
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8*8 inch square pan.
- I a medium saucepan combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Mix in the walnuts and stir well. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Do not overbake!!! Let it cool down and cut in squares.